Friday, January 1, 2010

Why

I am starting this because I have not been listening to music for a very long time. But on Monday, The Rev died. Shawn and I used to sing A7X songs when we sat in the corner of the last row in math class. I've always loved certain genres and bands more than others, but I've never bothered to really listen or learn.

On Wednesday I opened up my self-titled RATM album and really listened. I abandoned my schoolwork for Pink Floyd's The Division Bell. The music hit me harder than it ever had, because I was listening. But enough of this boring blah self-aware explanation. I thought it was time I paid more respect to the bands I loved. And Shawn says he'll contribute, so why not?

R.I.P. The Rev. You died before I knew you. (Though I did see you live!)

No comments:

Post a Comment