Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah

Why Hey There Delilah is such a good song.

It's what girls would like their guys to sing to them, and possibly it's what guys would like to sing to their girls, too? Tom Higgenson has this voice... I can't find the words to describe it. It's probably what your high school sweetheart would have sounded like, when he sang the song he wrote for you.

Hey There Delilah covers a lot of ground. It says everything you've wanted to say to a girl and then some. And it's everything a girl has wanted to hear. Yeah, the name Delilah makes me think of a cow, but still... It talks about living together, it compliments the girl, it has promises of faithfulness...

The lyrics seem rather autobiographical, which makes me feel they're all the more sincere. I mean, they probably aren't, but they speak to me. The line 'someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar' makes me think he really put his soul into it, because that's what a musician would like to do. It gives a little insight on Higgenson.

Pleasing on the ears, sincere and uncomplicated, Hey There Delilah is timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment